Beginning on Wednesday August 5, the Nashville Sounds will commence a five-game homestand with cross-state rival Memphis (Triple-A Cardinals). The Redbirds currently lead the Tennessee Lottery I-40 Cup Series, 6-5. The Sounds have some exciting events coming up, including a Back-to-School Backpack giveaway, Girls Scout Night, Faith Night Concert and Fox 17 Friday Night Firework show.
Wednesday, August 5 vs. Memphis Redbirds @ 7:05 p.m. (Gates Open at 6:05 p.m.)
• Belle of the Ballpark: After being narrowed down to five finalists via an online vote at www.hippieradio945.com, the “Belle of the Ballpark” will be crowned at First Tennessee Park. The lucky winner will receive a prize package valued at $2,000, presented by Hippie Radio.
• Kroger Plus Wednesday: The Sounds and Kroger are teaming up to offer fans the chance to purchase a “Family 4-Pack” of four (4) Bullpen section tickets for $36 when they show their Kroger Plus Card and purchase tickets at participating Kroger Ticketmaster outlets
• Senior Discount: All seniors over the age of 60 can purchase tickets in selected areas for $8 presented by Hippie Radio 94.5. Limit one ticket per I.D.
Thursday, August 6 vs. Memphis Redbirds @ 7:05 p.m. (Gates Open at 6:05 p.m.)
• Throwback Thursday: Everyone’s favorite day is back! Every Thursday the Sounds are reaching back into the rich baseball history at Sulphur Dell to honor the 1940 Nashville Vols as this season’s uniform style. Fans are also able to purchase select beer and soft drinks for $2 all night, presented by iHeart Media
• Vols Vintage Bobblehead Night: Make sure to get to the park early, as the Sounds and Brauer will hand out Vintage Vols Bobbleheads to the first 3,000 fans. In addition, a limited number of golden bobbleheads will be randomly given away for the chance to secure a bonus prize
Friday, August 7 vs. Memphis Redbirds @ 7:05 p.m. (Gates Open at 6:05 p.m.)
• Back-to-School Backpack: With school right around the corner, fans can save some cash and come snag a Sounds backpack giveaway, presented by Hunt Brothers Pizza for the first 1,000 fans 12 years of age and younger
• Fox 17 Friday Night Fireworks: After the final out is recorded, the fun has just begun. Following the game, fans can enjoy the 12th of 13 firework shows presented by Fox 17
Saturday, August 8 vs. Memphis Redbirds @ 6:35 p.m. (Gates Open at 5:35 p.m.)
• Bone Marrow Drive: The Sounds and Delete Blood Cancer are teaming up to host a bone marrow drive at First Tennessee Park from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday morning. The donor drive is to support local U.S. Army Ranger Karl Seiter
• Girl Scout Night: The Girl Scouts of America will participate in “baseball 101” with the Sounds players and coaches before the game on the field and will receive a commemorative patch upon completion. Those interested in purchasing tickets should call 615-515-1144
Sunday, August 9 vs. Memphis Redbirds @ 6:35 p.m. (Gates Open at 5:05 p.m.)
• Faith Night – Joseph Bobblehead: Enjoy a great night of baseball, music, friends and fellowship, as Citizen Way performs a concert before the Sounds game. The first 2,000 fans can build off last year’s start to the nativity scene with a Joseph bobblehead giveaway, presented by Trevecca Nazarene University
• Autograph Day: Fans can stop by the First Tennessee Park concourse before the game to snap a picture and grab an autograph from their favorite Sounds players
• Piedmont Natural Gas Military Sunday: The Sounds will don camouflage jerseys every Sunday home game and offer special military discounts for Military Sundays presented by Tennessee 811 and WSMV Channel 4. Active and veteran military men, women and families can purchase tickets as low as $6 in select seating areas with a valid military I.D.
• Kids Run The Bases: Kids 12 and under can take a lap around the bases following every Sunday home game, presented by First Tennessee Bank
Following the homestand, the Sounds will have an off day before they travel to Principal Park to play the Iowa Cubs. Beginning Saturday, August 15, the final eight-game homestand of the season will feature the El Paso Chihuahuas (Triple-A Padres) and Albuquerque Isotopes (Triple-A Rockies) in their only appearances at First Tennessee Park.
Ticket packages are currently on sale. Fans can visit First Tennessee Park, open weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., call (615) 690-HITS, or visit www.nashvillesounds.com for information.