Two Pets Die and One Person Hurt In Tullahoma Fire

Tullahoma Fire 2Fire heavily damaged a house on Ovoca Road Wednesday afternoon.
The Tullahoma Fire Department was called to 1203 Ovoca around 1 p.m. where they found flames coming from the front of the home of Gerald Gibson and family.
According to Fire Chief Richard Shasteen, the fire was started by a 5-year-old playing with a lighter who set a bedroom on fire and then the rest of the house caught fire. An individual in the house, Lloyd Chadwick, tried to extinguish the blaze but was unable to do so. He was transported to Harton Regional Medical Center where was treated and later transferred to Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville for observation.
Gibson, his daughter Gabriel Osteen and her two children were in the house at the time of the fire but escaped without injury.
There were four dogs in the house at the time of the fire. A Chihuahua and another small dog were overcome by the smoke and firefighter Dwight Stephens attempted to revive both them but was unable to save them, while the other two dogs were retrieved without any injuries.