No one injured in fire
Hickerson firefighters contain Saturday fire... Photos by Barry West
The Hickerson Fire Department was called out at 4:00 Saturday afternoon (Oct. 13, 2012) to a structure fire on Kingsway Lane. WMSR reporter Barry West heard the home owner tell police that her twelve-year-old daughter tripped over a curling iron that was plugged in. She stated that sparks flew from the outlet, but she thought it would be OK. She left that room only to return a short time later to find the room laden in heavy smoke. The Fire Department extinguished the fire with minimal damage to the rest of the house. No one was injured in the incident.