No Burning Before Getting Your Burn Permit

Tenn forestryThe Division of Forestry is reminding landowners in Coffee County that if you intend to do any outdoor burning, you are required by state law to obtain a burning permit. The permits issued by the Forestry Division are for the sole purpose of burning untreated wood waste or woody vegetation such as branches, leaves and brush. No permits will be issued for the burning of any man-made products like vinyl siding, shingles, cardboard, painted wood, paper or old clothes.
Burning permits can be obtained by calling (877) 731-2221 if you live in Coffee County. If you plan to burn on weekends, call on Friday for your permit.