Saturday Morning (11/15) at approximately 6:40am, Manchester Fire and Rescue responded to a camper trailer on fire. The location of the fire was the corner of Country Club Dr and the Murfreesboro Hwy. (Hwy 41). Upon arrival, fire crews found a 5th wheel style camper trailer on fire. The only occupant of the camper was outside the trailer so fire crews concentrated on extinguishing the blaze.
Coffee County Sheriff’s deputies and Manchester policemen blocked Murfreesboro Hwy at Country Club Drive due to a fire hose being laid across the roadway.
Power lines down on top of the trailer impeded fire crews until Duck River Electric arrived and confirmed the power was off. The fire was extinguished and the resident was aided by the Red Cross after being checked by personnel from Coffee County EMS.
The cause of the fire appears to be an electrical malfunction, however the Manchester Fire Department will continue to investigate.