Man Thanks His Dogs For Saving His Life

A Middle Tennessee man credits his three Jack Russell terriers with saving him from a mobile home fire. According to the Shelbyville Times Gazette, the fire broke out early Monday at the trailer where Doyce Mitchell lived. Mitchell told the newspaper he would have died had the dogs – which he called his boys – not barked and awakened him. The blaze began at an electrical fuse box that was mounted on an outside wall of the mobile home. Mitchell said he had been smelling burned rubber or plastic for a couple of days before the fire broke out. The walls of the trailer remained, but the inside was gutted by the fire. Mitchell said his property was insured.