«

»

Woman Suffers Smoke Inhalation In Hillsboro Fire

Emergency crews on the scene at the Hillsboro fire... Photo by Barry West

Emergency crews on the scene at the Hillsboro fire… Photo by Barry West

At 2:45pm Thursday afternoon a page went out to the Hillsboro Fire Department for a structure fire at 52 EZ Lane. The female occupant was cooking when a grease fire started on the stove.
The woman told a 911 operator that she was in the floor and could not get out of the house. After arriving at the scene a Coffee County Deputy went in the home and brought the lady out to safety. The woman was transported to Medical Center of Manchester with smoke inhalation. The fire was quickly extinguished by the Hillsboro Fire Department.