«

»

Fire At Sonic In Tullahoma

Tullahoma firefighter works the scene of the Thursday fire at the No. Jackson St Sonic.. Photo provided by Wayne Thomas of the Tullahoma News

Tullahoma firefighter works the scene of the Thursday fire at the No. Jackson St Sonic.. Photo provided by Wayne Thomas of the Tullahoma News

The Sonic Restaurant on North Jackson Street in Tullahoma had to be evacuated Thursday morning around 11 a.m. due to a fire.
Brian Young, owner of the restaurant, stated that an electrical fire started in the back of a fryer. The building quickly filled with smoke and the fire department was notified. The fire fighters battled the smoke and fire for some time before extinguishing. According to Fire Chief Richard Shasteen, the kitchen area of the restaurant suffered “moderate damage.”
Manchester Fire and Rescue was standby while Tullahoma firefighters were on the scene of the Sonic fire.
The restaurant was closed because of the fire and no one was injured.