Firemen battle the blaze in Hillsboro
Around 10:30am Wednesday morning the Hillsboro Fire Department (HFD) was paged out to a fire at 341 Logan Chapel Road. The fire was coming thru the roof when the fire department arrived. The HFD quickly extinguished the fire. The home belonging to John and Jennifer Gipson, had extensive fire, smoke, and water damage. The HFD was paged out to the same address on Tuesday afternoon for a grease fire on the stove. That fire was put out with minimal damage. The stove, wires, and a cabinet suffered some damage. The power to the stove was cut and the HFD went back to their hall. Then on Wednesday the fire started in the kitchen area. One of the home owners was transported to a local area hospital and treated for minor burns and smoke inhalation. HFD was aided by Manchester Fire & Rescue, and other county fire departments. The fire is under investigation.
Around noon Wednesday, a fire was reported at 14281 Murfreesboro Hwy. The North Coffee Fire Department arrived and quickly extinguished a small fire. The home is listed as owned by Donald and Mary Heyden. No one was hurt and there was minimal damage to the home.
Emergency crews at the fire on the Murfreesboro Hwy